Pages

Monday 18 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey

Day 2*-Settling sail
Activity 2 -


The first settlers to come to New Zealand must have been really brave! They had to leave their original homes and sail thousands of miles across the ocean on a special boat called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.


Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…

Hi Fiapo,
I am very excited and very nervouse at the same time to see and visit New Zealand I would be sure,to see new animals and other things,I will also be comming on a voyage. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi again Akesa, what a great letter you have written to your friend Fiapo.

    I am sure I would be nervous too if I was voyaging across the seas to a new place. I wonder if they knew where they were going?

    Would you be worried about big waves and bad weather?

    Scary stuff.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete