Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

Summer learning Journey

Bonus Activity 



To this day, the people of New Zealand still use waka. Instead of using their waka to transport them from one place to another, they sometimes use waka in special events and in sporting competitions such as Waka Ama. Both boys and girls compete in Waka Ama boat races.


Watch this short video of a Waka Ama race. On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?

BONUS POINTS: 10

I would love to be in a waka race but it just looks very hard and it looks like you gotta be fit and you have to be in time to switch sides so no I would not go in a waka race.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Akesa,

    My name's Ruby and I will be one of the people blogging with you this summer.

    I think you are right, you would need to be fit and strong to be in a Waka Ama race. It would be too hard for me (and I would be worried of falling in!). Perhaps I would enjoy it if it was just for fun. What do you think?

    Are there any other sports that you play? I don't play any sports myself, but I love to watch my brother play football on the weekend.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog.
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete