Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey #Week1

DAY 1: EXPLORERs

Activity 1: Setting Sail


For this activity, make a list of ten food items that you could take with you. Please think carefully about what you will take as you won’t have access to a refrigerator or freezer while at sea. Please explain why you would select each item.
On your blog, post your list of 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage and the reasons why you chose these items.

(1) I would take cold and hot food - To eat 
(2) I would take sweets like chocolates and gummys cause they are my favourites
(3) I would take a mini portable butane gas stove to cook my cold food on because I don't like it when my food is cold.
(4) I would take a Extra clothes,Blankets & all a lot of creams to protect me from the sun.
(5) I would take a first aid kit just in case something happens to me.
(6) I would take my cell phone to call the safety people if something goes really wrong on the boat.
(7) I would take some small snacks for the night like really spicy chips cause I'm in love with spicy snacks.
(8) I would take Tooth paste & heaps of water to drink and to use to wash my mouth 
(9)I would take some vegetables & Fruits to be healthy during the trip 
(10) I would take heaps of slippers because its more comfortable for me. 

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Akesa,

    You have given a really great list of food items that you would take with you on your voyage. I agree, I would also bring sweets. I could imagine you getting really tired on your voyage and sometimes you just need a bit of a sugar hit to keep you going. In fact right now I could do with a sugar hit. You’ve also done such an awesome job with giving valid reasons why you would bring your chosen item, kai pai!

    This activity was asking you to list 10 food items :) It is crucial that we make sure that we are reading the activity question so we are answering it properly. This way we can make sure that we are getting the full points! I would love it if you could change it to ‘10 food items’ :)

    Let me know through your comment if you have changed your activity! I will then give you all the marks for it.

    Kai pai keep up the great mahi Akesa

    Blog you later,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akesa,

    Its me Christopher. How are you doing? Its great to see you are participating in the Summer Learning Journey! Your items are similar to mines but your supposed to only do food items not clothes...

    Also if you would take hot and cold food what kind of cold and hot food would you take? Whats your favourite spicy snack? Also if you take your phone there might be no service. Also if you take toothpaste what would you use to brush your teeth.

    Besides that your doing a great job. Also if you want to earn more points you could comment on other peoples post. Good luck for the rest of the Summer Learning Journey and have a great holiday!

    Malo Aupito
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malo lelei Akesa,
    It's Sam not my mum. I can see you list some of the food you like but not thinking about the journey. The tasks asked to list 10 food items and explain why. Please think about, the sea. The weather will affect your journey and it's going to be very long. Great to see you blog but please think about the question and try and think about the situation. By the way, I enjoyed spending the last few days at your school. You had been a great help to my mum and the school. Malo

    ReplyDelete