Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2019

Summer Learning Journey #Week1

#Week 1 Activity 2: Discovering Aotearoa

For this activity we would like you to think about your own experiences and your own cultural background. Where does your family come from? Do they come from Europe like Abel Tasman, Polynesia like Kupe, or somewhere else?
On your blog, please tell us about your cultural background. Where do you and your family come from?
My mum (Ofa) was born & raised in her homeland Tonga she come from Fatai , My dad ( Valentine) was born & raised here in New Zealand but his father is from England & Germany his mum is a full Tongan. Also I have 14 siblings including me and I am number 9 , I am very proud to be all the nationalities in my family but I am mostly on the Tongan side cause both my parents are Tongan but I'm proud to represent all of them.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Akesa,

    Its me Christopher. WOW! you're from a lot of countries. But were where you and your siblings born? Also you have a lot of siblings. Who is your favourite?

    Also which country do like the most and why?
    Have you visited all those countries?
    Besides that your doing a great job! Have a great holiday.

    Malo Aupito
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Akesa,

    I’m Dani, one of the blog commenters for the Kaikohekohe cluster for the Summer Learning Journey. I have heard some great things about the learners in the Manaiakalani cluster so I thought I would jump on and check out some blog posts!

    Well done! You have completed another Summer Learning Journey activity. Which activity has been your favourite so far? My favourite activity was the activity when learners share a Whakataukī, I love reading all the different Whakataukī. Aren’t you lucky! Being able to celebrate so many cultures. I imagine there is always something going on at your house if you have 14 siblings. I’m guessing you won’t get bored because you will always have someone to hang out with.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete