Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey #Week 3

#Week 3 Activity 2: Overcoming Adversity
For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, experienced a challenge and overcame it.

On your blog, recount a time when you or someone you know experienced a challenge and overcame it.
Recount :
When my mum came to New Zealand she came to stay with my aunt and to make a living to help her parents and her sibling back in Tonga, my mum didn't have a good teenage life to enjoy going out with friends but no my mum worked really hard and her first job was washing dishes then she went in to cooking class and passed, and now she is a pro chef owning one restaurant and has her own catering business.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the narrative you shared about overcoming adversity... sometimes being brave can be tough too, I'm glad your Mum showed the courage she did! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Akesa,

    I have to agree with Heather, I too enjoyed this narrative you shared about your mother overcoming adversity. Your mum sounds like a really hard worker. Im glad that your mum kept working extremely hard. That is awesome that she is now a pro chef. That is a huge accomplishment that she owns a restaurant and has a catering business. What’s her restaurant & catering in business called?

    My friend also went to culinary school and she absolutely loved it. She met amazing people and worked alongside people who had the same dreams and aspirations as you.

    Keep up the awesome work Akesa, I am really enjoying reading all your blog posts.

    Blog you later!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete