Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey #Week 4

Activity 2: Romeo and Juliet
For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular (2019) English, and then use this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.

On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount.
My own reacount :
This Morning I got up really late and went and washed up. Then I got ready to go shopping with my lovely beautiful mum, Later on after I got ready I went downstaris to eat the amazing breakfast my family has prepared for me and my little siblings.
After all the eating I went with my mumto start shopping but before I had to control myself because I always go buy things I don't actully need and thats why I need my mum there to help me.
Shakespearean version:
This m'rning i did get up very much late and wenteth and wash'd up.  Then i did get eft to wend shopping with mine own lovely quite quaint mum, lat'r on aft'r i did get eft i wenteth downstaris to consume the most wondrous breakfast mine own family hast did prepare f'r me and mine own dram siblings. 

aft'r all the eating i wenteth with mine own mumto starteth shopping but bef're i hadst to controleth myself because i at each moment wend buyeth things i actully not needeth and thats wherefore i needeth mine own mum th're to holp me

2 comments:

  1. Hello Akesa,

    Did you enjoy doing this activity? I think that it’s such an awesome tool to be able to use right? It’s also so much easier having this translator than writing this yourself. It would probably take at least 30 minutes due to not having previous experience.

    What a great recount. What breakfast did your family prepare for you? For my birthday breakfast is this:
    Pancakes with butter, maple syrup & bananas
    Hashbrowns with Tomato Ketchup
    Orange Juice
    Coffee
    My birthday is in a couple weeks time. Sometimes we just go to denny’s for breakfast as they serve the best breakfasts!

    I would love to hear your birthday breakfast?

    Blog you later,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Akesa.
    It's Lukas.
    Great to see you blogging! Wow your family was so generous to make you break fast... Was it your birthday? Also recheck your own recount because in one sentence it doesn't make sence.
    Great work Akesa!

    Kind Regards
    Lukas

    ReplyDelete