Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey #Week 3

#Week 3 DAY 2: CRACKING THE CODE

For this activity, we would like you to select one of the pictures below and to study or observe it closely. What do you see?
On your blog, describe the painting in detail. What do you see when you look at it? Please give us as much detail as you can!


I see a chess board but the sqaures are formed in to a little town and birds flying around an eveyrhty from the littleest deateil to big is black and white. When I first saw this picture it was very unique I have never seen anything like this in my life and I thougtht the painter was painting his emotion and using the black and white for example.

2 comments:

  1. Great observations Akesa - and I like your thought train about the artists emotions...

    Keep blogging and posting on the SLJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora again Akesa,

    I really appreciate your observation! It sure does look like chess board, I did not see this. This is why working in groups is so good. You get different ideas from everyone due to the idea that everyone brings new and different ideas to the table.

    Apparently this type of art is called ‘Tessellation’. I googled tessellation art and found out that it is art using geometric shapes/tiles with no overlaps or gaps (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessellation). I agree with you this art piece is very different and unique, I imagine It would be hard to to draw this as you would have to think about how it connects to each part.

    Keep up the awesome work!

    Blog you later!
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete